Yay! There are days when I wonder if there is anyone out there reading this blog besides friends and family, but my comments section has been buzzing with wonderful feedback from people all over the word. One of my loyal subscribers, happens to be a student named Kieran from Edinburgh, Scotland who writes the blog – Sumpix. He just passed on the “Versatile Blogger Award” to me!!! It is an award by the bloggers for the bloggers, that is passed on from one to the other. I am extremely embarrassed that I didn’t know about it till Kieran mentioned it, but now that I’ve read up about it – Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!! Woot!!! Woot!!!! Woooohooooooooooooooo!
Sorry about that, just a wee bit excited! There are some rules though to accepting this award and they are :
- Link back to the blogger that gave me the award.
- Tell you 7 things about myself.
- Choose 15 other blogs to pass the award to.
- Inform the other bloggers that I’m passing the award to them.
I’ve already linked back to Kieran, so now onto those 7 things about myself…..which are as random as they can get.
- I love chocolate and only brown chocolate. Irrespective of the thousands of artisan chocolates out in the world, the chocolates I absolutely CANNOT resist are Ferrero Rocher and Cadbury’s Dairy Milk (which I will savor more if I can lick the melted chocolate off the cover). Oh and I love Vosges’s Bacon and Chocolate bar!
- I am hooked to Call of Duty on my PSP and dearly miss my Xbox and Wii. Right now I am battling to get past the spider tank on Killzone:Liberation on my PSP.
- Poetry is my new thing – no, no I don’t write any, I am incapable of that. Unless you want ‘Baby got back’ kind of rap about poop, please don’t ask me to. I stick to reading the poems of other people like Homer, Wordsworth, Keats, Shelley,Gibran etc. I admit I’m just beginning and still trying to find a genre that I like
- I am a fragrance freak. I blame my old desk job for turning me into an addict. I always loved fragrances but now that I can clearly distinguish scents and identify them, I’ve turned niche=broke half the time!
- Crazy about dogs, not so much about cats though. When I start making enough money out of photography, I intend starting a shelter.
- I am extremely sentimental, not so much with things but surely with people. I hate having to move away from friends and people I am close to. The two people I miss the most are my two nephews, I can’t believe they aren’t just a weekend trip away from me anymore.
- I am insanely sickened by cockroaches, dirty bathrooms, snakes, clutter, grimy kitchens, Lady Gaga and stupid people.
Onto the next rule of the award. I need to pass this onto 15 other blogs that are worth your time and effort. I can’t promise you that they will all be about photography but they are all great blogs, some written by friends and some written by strangers on the internet who now feel like people I know.
- 1. Nonchalant Gourmand – a dear friend who shares my enthusiasm for food and food photography.
- 2.Nikita Modi Photography – the accomplished pro food photographer and co-collaborator for the blog above.
- 3. Amar Ramesh’s Blog – a pro photographer from the same city as I, has had a very similar career shift as I and whose work I admire.
- 4. Sweetfineday.com – a working mother with two wonderful children, an artisanal baker for a husband and a funny and insightful blog filled with beautiful photographs of her life.
- 5. Once Upon a tea time – a lifestyle and design blog that I adore and look to for inspiration .
- 6. Stroborati – I derive voyeuristic pleasure from this man, he lives a dream of mine – he has taken off for the next 10 years travelling the world, photographing it.
- 7. Ode2Food – A school mate, family friend who writes a blog on delectable vegetarian food sometimes with a distinct Indian kick.
- 8. Chitra Aiyer Photography – she is an Indian photographer who has some really different and beautiful wedding photographs.
- 9. Dreamscape Photography – an ex colleague from the fragrance industry I have met probably twice and who wouldn’t recognise me if we walked by on the street, but an incredibly talented wedding and portrait photographer. (David your pictures of Hae Won rock)
- 10. Rang Decor – a fellow photographer who indulges in decor.
- 11. Toothsoup – she doesn’t need an award from a fellow blogger, I’ve been following her work for years, I think from even before toothsoup! We once had an argument about editing on some online forum. Her poetry, her language skills – I covet!
- 12. Deezden – another immensely talented(that it-is-almost-criminal) artist, she has her own etsy shop where she sells her art.
- 13. Mpaulphotography – I love his cyanotype photographs and his black and whites. I did not even know about cyanotypes till I read his blog and now I love what he does with them.
- 14. Cherokeebydesign – A busy father and photo enthusiast.
- 15. Delishhh – a fellow foodie, who was incredibly helpful when reached out to for suggestions on Seattle eateries. I have been following her ever since, do not visit her site if hungry!
There it is – 15 blogs I love and follow. Off I go, spreading the joy !